This Spiced Cranberry Dutch Baby makes the perfect post-holiday treat.
Dinner Bell Salted Butter ensures that it comes out of the oven with gorgeous golden edges and rich, buttery flavor — and the spiced cranberries add a hint of holiday flavor, making the whole long weekend feel extra special. Serve it with more butter and a little whipped cream, and watch it disappear faster than you can say “Brunch is ready!”
- Heat the oven to 425° F.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer until smooth and bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Melt Dinner Bell Salted Butter in a 10-12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling, about 2 minutes. Immediately add the Dutch Baby batter to the skillet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the Dutch Baby is golden and puffed up. Do not open the oven during this time or the Dutch Baby could deflate.
- While the Dutch Baby bakes, make the spiced cranberries. Add the cranberries, orange juice, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, and salt in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cranberries soften and pop, and have a sauce-like consistency.
- To make the whipped cream, combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Once you take the Dutch Baby out of the oven, top with a few pats of butter and dust with powdered sugar. Finish with spiced cranberries, whipped cream and maple syrup.