There’s no summer treat quite like homemade ice cream, and this recipe for No-Churn Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream is EXTRA special. It’s sweet and creamy, thanks to heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk — and who doesn’t love cookie dough? Because you were always told not to eat it when you were kid, eating it now feels sneaky and exciting! (But don’t worry: we bake the flour, so enjoying this treat is perfectly safe).
Ready for the really, really good news? Prep is only 25 minutes — no fancy machinery required — so you can spend more time savoring your ice cream than making it.
Make the Cookie Dough:
- Bake the flour first by spreading it onto a sheet pan and baking at 350°F for 5 minutes. This is to avoid consuming raw flour.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and vanilla in a small bowl, mixture will be grainy.
- Stir in flour and salt to make a soft cookie dough, then stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a thin disk. Wrap completely and freeze while you prepare the vanilla ice cream base.
Make the Ice Cream:
- Use a stand mixer or hand-held mixer to whip the cold cream to medium peaks.
- Gently fold in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, careful not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Chop chilled cookie dough into small ½-inch pieces and fold carefully into the whipped cream mixture along with more mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan, bowl, or plastic tub and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours until firm. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold With Butter