Bring on the butter! Making these festive Peppermint Snowballs is easy: all you have to do is mix, scoop, and bake. Just make sure you’ve got plenty of Dinner Bell Butter on hand because this recipe calls for an entire pound! The result is one the best-est, butteriest cookies you’ll have this holiday season.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add in the flour and salt until well-combined. Add the finely chopped almonds and mix until well-dispersed. Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm, at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line at least two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Portion the dough into walnut-sized mounds using a cookie scoop or tablespoon and place on the baking sheets spaced 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned on the bottom edges, about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets at least 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Coarsely chop the candy canes by hand or in a food processor. Spread the candy evenly in a shallow bowl or dish. Dip the top of each cookie in melted candy coating, and allow excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle the dipped cookies with the crushed peppermint. Let cookies stand until candy coating is set, about 10 minutes.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold With Butter