This light and tender cream cheese pound cake full of zesty lemon flavor is elegant enough for a dinner party, but easy enough for a busy weeknight!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a tube pan or bundt pan with butter and flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on high until smooth. Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down after each. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. batter will be thick, do not overmix.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Pour over the cooled cake and garnish with lemon slices or zest, if desired.
- Let glaze sit up for 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold With Butter