This banana bread has a seriously delicious twist — sweet and sassy maraschino cherries, which makes it as fun to look at as it is to eat. Chocolate chips add another layer of deliciousness, and two sticks of Dinner Bell butter give this bread richness and depth. Serve it with more butter smeared on each slice for a truly irresistible treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 2 8x4½-inch bread pans with unsalted butter, dust them with flour and shake out the excess. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the eggs and vanilla, just until incorporated. Mix in the bananas until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour in 3 additions, mixing between each, just until incorporated. Mix in the orange juice just until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries, and mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the bread pans, filling each ⅔ of the way. Top both with the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice, and serve with Dinner Bell Salted Butter.
Recipe courtesy of Dinner Bell Co-op member Vicki Leuthold (Ellsworth, MN)