Brown butter is the secret ingredient in this flavorful summer peach and blackberry crisp! The brown butter topping is what sets this fruit crisp apart from all others. It's a simple addition that makes a big impact! But what exactly is brown butter? Brown butter is simply butter that has been gently cooked on the stove until it is golden brown. It has a nutty aroma and flavor, and can be used in both baking and cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Add the peaches and blackberries to the baking dish and toss with the sugar and cornstarch.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Continue to cook butter, stirring frequently until it turns golden brown and smells nutty. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Add browned butter and stir until combined and topping clumps together.
- Scatter crisp topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold With Butter