This breakfast pizza begins with a buttery, scratch-made biscuit crust that is loaded with cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon. The toppings can easily be varied with your choice of diced ham, sausage crumbles, and an endless variety of cheeses.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- For the biscuit crust, place the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk and the melted butter. Mix together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture out onto a flour-dusted work surface and dust the top of the dough with flour. Knead the flour in briefly and gather into a disk. Roll the dough out onto a greased baking sheet or pizza pan to about 12-inches in diameter. Prick the crust using the tines of a fork about 1-inch from the dough’s edge. Bake the dough for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven spread 1 tablespoon of room temperature butter over the crust. Let the crust cool while you prepare the toppings. Keep the oven preheated at 425°F while you work.
- For the toppings, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and add the heavy cream; whisk until combined. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and whisk again. Pour the mixture into the hot pan and cook the eggs, scrambling them until well-cooked but not rubbery.
- Place the eggs on top of the biscuit crust and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Arrange the slices of fresh mozzarella over the eggs and cheddar. Top with the chopped bacon. Return the pizza to the preheated 425°F oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and gooey.
- Remove from the oven and top with the tomato slices. Scatter chopped scallions over hot pizza. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Go Bold With Butter